Wednesday, November 2, 2011

day two

Today I give thanks to God for:
an amazing mother-in-law.



They say when you get married, you not only get to spend the rest of your life with the one you love, but you also inherit their family. I am so incredibly blessed that the family that I inherited is beyond wonderful. Today is my mother-in-law's 60th birthday and I want to honor her and make sure she knows how incredible she is. It is not the number of candles on your cake but the blessings that overflow with each new year of life. She has welcomed me into the family with arms wide open, loving me like her own daughter. She desires God's will in her life and that of her family and is known to be the family prayer warrior. She is someone that I trust, cherish and look up to as a Godly woman, wife, and mother. I am so thankful that we have a relationship in which we can discuss life, consult for advice, laugh with and love through it all. She is also a new grandma to our little love of seven months. Her heart overflows with love and kindness and would do anything for our family. We are so incredibly blessed to have her in our lives! Happy birthday!

1 comment:

  1. Well Faye...you've done it again...brought tears of thankfulness to this mother-in-law heart! Thank you so much for your wonderful birthday wishes and tribute. I am SO blessed to be your mother-in-law...you are a blessing to me and to so many others...especially my son and grandson! I pray that you will some day have the joy that I have in seeing your son marry a woman who so freely verbalizes and demonstrates her love for God, her husband, and her children, and who seeks to be a godly mother and wife. Watching you exemplify these qualities brings me joy beyond description. (Besides bringing tears to my eyes!) "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth." (3 John 1:4) You bring joy and thankfulness to my heart...and a smile to my face!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...