Saturday, November 5, 2011

day five


Today I give thanks to God for:
the extra laughter and smiles in our home when daddy has a day off of work

It has been quite the week for our family and I have once again been reminded that God is in every detail, knowing just when you can use a little ray of sunshine.  Between last Sunday and last evening, my husband saw our son for maybe one hour total.  Needless to say, the week was hard on all of us.  My husband was at work wishing he could be home, I was functioning as a single parent trying to keep our home in order and I know our little love was missing his daddy.  I had to miss attending two women's ministry events due to our little love being sick and it was getting hard for me to find joy in all that we were enduring. Thankfully, daddy had today off of work!  It has been a wonderful day with lots of extra laughter and smiles! Colton just adores his daddy and gets so excited to spend time together. I love to see the joy on their faces when they see each other, the way that little love kicks and waves his arms when he sees his daddy accross the room, and the way that my husband cares for little love.
Thank you God for providing this ray of sunshine and knowing just what our family needed.  The laughter and lovin' of this day will forever be cherished.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...