Monday, November 7, 2011

day seven

Today I give thanks to God for:
the sound of my husband's alarm clocks

I understand that my family and close friends probably can not believe that I just wrote that as something I am thankful for instead of something that I strongly dislike.  I must admit that it is slightly surprising to myself also but as I wrote in the last post, I am trying to find God in all the details. So today, I am finding something positive about the rooster cawing, the garbage truck backing up and the pager beeping sounds I hear every morning at the butt-crack of dawn. 
When I hear my husband's alarm clocks sounding, I am thankful he spent the night in our bed and not working overnight at the hospital.  When I hear my husband's alarm clocks sounding, I can give thanks that he has a job he is waking up for and that he is willing and able to provide for our family.  When I hear my husband's alarm clocks sounding, I always wake up first and have to wake him up to turn the alarm off.  I am going to try and be thankful that I can be his 'helpmate'.  When I hear my husband's alarm clocks sounding, I want to have a better attitude and give thanks for another day. I want to praise God for the opportunity  to live for him and share his love.  Do you give thanks each morning for the blessing of another day?  Let's try not to grumble at the sound of the alarm but give thanks and commit to living another day striving to be more Christ-like.
Lamentations 3:22-23 states: "Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.  They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...