Friday, November 18, 2011

day eighteen


Today I give thanks to God for:
our home


In 2008, my husband matched into a general surgery program in Michigan.  This was a very exciting and busy time in our lives. In three short months, we got married, went on a honeymoon, my husband graduated from medical school, I completed my school year teaching kindergarten, and we moved to a new state. It makes me exhausted just thinking about it but we survived and live to joyfully talk about it! We strongly considered purchasing a home but God had better plans for us!  We honestly looked at dozens of homes, had an offer not accepted, and just continued to feel uneasy about the situation. One God detail led to another, and we found ourselves at our current apartment community office touring a 2bed/2bath apartment.  We negotiated a deal and signed our lease within the same day.  With the housing market, economy and uncertainty of my husband's future career, it has been revealed to us time and time again that purchasing a home was not meant for us in this season of life.  Today I give thanks to God for the shelter He did provide for us; our apartment.  With creative storage and organization, I have done my best to make our apartment functional and a safe haven for our family.  It will always hold a special place in our heart as each 'first' memory is made  - the home that we brought our first born son home to and this weekend, the first time we will host Thanksgiving.  I will continue to give praise to God for knowing just what we need in each season of life.  Our apartment is a perfect space for our little family in this moment.  I give thanks for a kitchen and the opportunity to prepare food for my family and share a meal together.  I give thanks to God for our pantry which stores food; meaning we have the resources to feed our family.I give thanks for a living room where we can gather together to play and spend time with one another.  I give thanks for our bed and our son's crib that we get to rest on a comfortable surface.  I give thanks for 2 bathrooms that provide the resources to be sanitary, properly dispose of waste and model good hygiene.  I give thanks for our furnace; that we can warm our home to a comfortable temperature when it is cold outside.  I give thanks for our closets; that we have clothing, shoes and space to store items.  I give thanks for a washer and dryer; that we can have clean items to wear and use. I give thanks for my crafting space; that I am able to have a space to use my talent of creativity. I also give thanks for my in-laws who are storing my teaching supplies and other items. 
Oh how I thank you and praise you, God, for providing for our every need.

Joshua 24:15 
As for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.

Philippians 4: 19
And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...