Wednesday, November 2, 2011

{MWW} Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies




This is by far one of my favorite fall comfort treats! My dear friend, Lindsay, shared the recipe with me after my husband got jealous that I ate these cookies at her house and didn't bring one home for him. After making that error, my husband insisted I get the recipe and make them at home. So, Lindsay got the recipe from Tara Morris, I got the recipe from Lindsay, and now you may enjoy spreading the love of these pumpkin oatmeal chocolate chip cookies! The recipe above is a .jpg document so you can just click and print as a photo. It is sure to become a frequent request as I have yet to meet a person who doesn't fall in love with them. The recipe makes a large batch of dough which is scrumptious to eat raw and keeps well in the fridge or freezer for later use. {You'll be lucky to make a second batch before the raw batter is consumed, it is just that good!} I made a batch of cookies and packaged them up to share with my table of ladies at MOPS in celebration of fall. Below is the tutorial for my packaging technique.

Make a batch of delicious cookies.
Locate fold-top plastic bags to create your own treat bags.

Use scissors and cut up the side seams that initially created the pocket.

Using the Cricut with the Everyday Paper Dolls cartridge,
cut out leaves on orange cardstock. Then, in your word
processing software, type "happy fall!" in a favorite font and
pint on yellow cardstock. Cut a rectangle around the phrase
creating a tag. Using a brown stamp pad, ink the edges of the leaf
and tag. Place the tag on top of the leaf and punch a hole.

Repeat until you have the appropriate amount of leaves/tags for your treat bags.

Place two cookies in a bag.
Using twine, tie shut and then slide on the leaf and tag.
Tie a knot. Trim off extra twine.

Deliver the delicious cookies, festively wrapped, to your friends!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...