Saturday, November 19, 2011

day nineteen


Today I give thanks to God for:
the hope I have in Jesus


Do you know my King?  My relationship with Jesus is beyond the most important element of my life. My identity is in the Lord for He has chosen me and has prepare for me to spend eternity with Him in heaven.  God is my source of strength and joy, comfort and patience.  He has prepared a perfect plan for my life and each day overflows with His blessings.  My husband and I each have a personal relationship with Jesus and we commit to obeying the Lord and his commandments.  We strive to be more like Christ; representing the love that surpasses all understanding.  In doing so, we have made the decision to have our son dedicated at our church today. The child dedication ceremony honors children, as parents pledge a life-long commitment pointing their children to a life of faith in Christ.  This demonstrates obedience to God's word from the book of Proverbs 22:9: Train a child in the way he should go. It is the desire of our hearts for our son to learn and know the love of Christ and to enter into a personal relationship with Jesus. We are so thankful for our parents, siblings and friends that joined us today when we publicly declared our commitment to raise our son knowing the love of Jesus.

This is my prayer for my son and each of you as written in Ephesians 3:14-21
For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom his whole family in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith.  And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge - that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.  Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...