Sunday, November 4, 2012

my thankful heart - day #4


Today I give thanks to God for:
my father-in-law.  

I am so blessed to have married into a such a wonderful family and would like to acknowledge the love, admiration and respect I have for my father-in-law.  He has always taken interest in my life and invested time and effort into getting to know me as an individual.  He knows my love for orange slices and Coke and treats me to them often. He is a man after God's own heart and I am so thankful for his Godly example. It gives me a great peace to know that he prayed for his son's wife before I was even in his life and that he continues to pray for me on a daily basis.  I am thankful that I am able to confide in my father-in-law and respect his opinion.  It is a blessing to know I can call on his wise counsel when needed.  I know his love for me is great as he will listen to me tell stories and express my views even when he rather be doing something else...like taking a nap!  I receive encouragement from my father-in-law and I know that he believes in me; as a wife, daughter, mother, friend and leader. I love the way my father-in-law loves my son.  I admire his commitment to being a positive role-model in my son's life and know that my children will always have a special bond with their Granddad.  I am thankful for times of laughter and fun that I can experience with my father-in-law and our family. It is a blessing that although we live in different states, we are able to see each other about once a month...because they want to see their grandchild. I am thankful that my husband has such a great example of a husband and father in his dad.  I am thankful that this list could be much longer because there are so many other reasons I have such love, admiration and respect for my father-in-law...but I will stop here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...