Sunday, November 11, 2012

my thankful heart - day #11



Today I give thanks to God for:
the military men and women who have served our country 

Veteran's Day...the day in which we honor those that have served our country.  I could not be more proud of those who have dedicated their time and talents to protect The United States of America.  
A friend posted the following on Facebook this morning that really resonated in my heart and mind:

Only two defining forces ever offered to die for you: Jesus Christ and the American soldier. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom. I'm eternally grateful for both.

May we each be more mindful in showing our appreciation to those we know and those we encounter in our daily lives who have served or are currently serving in our military.  For what they endure for us, we can kindly do a little act of kindness for them.

Today I remember these special people who have served our country:
My grandfather, George, who served in the Navy.
My grandfather's brother who served in the Navy.
Matt's Granddad who served in the Army.

Matt's PawPaw who served in the Army.
Matt's uncle, Denny, who served in the Army.
My uncle, Bruce, who served in the Army.
My uncle, Denny, who served in the Marines.
My cousin, Ty, who served in the Marines.
My cousin's son, Jake who is currently serving in the Marines.
My brother's best friend from childhood, Charlie, who served in the Army.
My friend, Kev, who is currently serving in the Coast Guard.
And the list could continue with people I know from high school (Aubrey) and people I know from college (Brian) and a friend's sister's husband (Jesse)....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...