Wednesday, November 14, 2012

my thankful heart - day #14


Today I give thanks to God for:
sunshine!

I absolutely love to feel the warmth of the sun on my face.  Looking out my window at this present moment, the sun is displaying rays of warmth and beauty. I love it!  If you know me well, you know that I am often cold and the change from summer to fall and fall to winter are not always delightful to me.  The shining sun is a welcome blessing to me.  Unfortunately enduring winter in the Midwest, we don't see the sun on much of a regular basis and that saddens me.  So, today I will be thankful that the sun is shining and warming my soul!  I am also thankful as the sunshine reminds me of the love of our Lord.  Psalm 119:27 states The Lord is God, shining upon us.  I am thankful to be reminded the warmth of the sun on my body represents the warm welcome and comfort I find in the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...