Monday, November 19, 2012

my thankful heart - day #19

 

Today I give thanks to God for:
precious memories with my family

A few special memories have been placed on my heart this week.  One year ago today, was our handsome son's child dedication service at our church.  It was such a memorable day to have our immediate family and close friends surround us with their love and support as we committed to bring up our child to experience the love of Christ.  It was also a special day as we enjoyed a Thanksgiving feast with our dear family following the service. It was a celebration of our love and dedication to the Lord and our commitment to family. What a blessing it was to be together!
A second memory on my heart this week is that of the year anniversary of my grandmother's death.  It is unbelievable that one year has passed.  So many things remind me of her (esp. tea, cookies, ceramics and the kitchen) and I hold those moments close to my heart.   She was devoted to her family and raised six children who strive to be the best possible and to set and example for their children.  She has left a beautiful legacy and I pray that I can represent her well as I continue to be influenced by her life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...