Wednesday, April 17, 2013

{MWW} Braided Spaghetti Bread

Hello friends! What a glorious sunny morning it has been in Michigan!  My boy and I headed out to the park for the first time this spring.  It was wonderful to get out of the house to play and explore with my son.  I learned what a difference a year makes in growth and mobility while my boy raced up the steps, ran to the slides, and went down all on his own while telling his momma, "no help momma, watch!"  We also got to explore by the creek, feed the ducks (thanks to the gentleman who gave us two pieces of bread to throw) and C's favorite part to scare chase the ducks into the water!  Spring-time fun has just begun for us!

Now onto...


Braided Spaghetti Bread

This recipe has become one of my favorite go-to meals for our family as well as when I deliver meals to friends following big life events.  This Braided Spaghetti Bread gets raving review every time. It is so easy to make and is a yummy carbohydrate-filled comfort food!
I found the recipe one night when I was hungry and searching Pinterest - never always a good combiniation!
This is the image I pinned:
 
The recipe is from Rhodes Bake-N-Serv Home Baked Family Favorites with Frozen Dough cookbook.  You can find it on the Rhodes Bake-N-Serv website by clicking here or read below for my tutorial and commentary!
Ingredients:
1 Loaf Rhodes Bread Dough or 12 Rhodes Dinner Rolls, thawed to room temperature
Be sure to follow the directions on the bread dough packaging for appropriate way to thaw bread and allow time for rising
6oz spaghetti, cooked
1 Cup spaghetti sauce
My favorite sauce for this recipe is Francesco Rinaldi Original Marinara Sauce
8oz mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2inch cubes
1 egg white
Parmesan cheese
parsley flakes
I replace parsley flakes with Italian Seasoning
Added ingredient:  Garlic Powder.
 Directions:

Spray clean counter lightly with non-stick cooking spray (or use parchment paper)
The first time I did this but now I just placed the dough directly on my large cooking tray


Roll loaf or combined dinner rolls into a 12x16-inch rectangle.  
Cover with plastic wrap and let rest for 10-15minutes.

Cook spaghetti according to package instructions.  Drain and let cool slightly.

 
Remove wrap from dough.  Place spaghetti lengthwise in a 4-inch strip down the center of dough.  Top with sauce and cheese cubes.
I have found it easier to make the cuts (described in the next step) before adding the noodle/sauce/sausage mixture to dough.
I mixed my spaghetti sauce together with my noodles before placing on dough.
I have also cooked sausage and combined with sauce and noodles before placing on dough.

Make cuts 1 1/2 inches apart on long sides of dough to within 1/2inch of filling.

Begin braid by folding top and bottom strips toward filling.  Then braid strips left over right, right over left.  Finish by pulling last strip over and tucking under braid.

Lift braid with both hands and place on large sprayed baking sheet.  
(Or transfer parchment paper to baking sheet.)
Transfering was difficult for me and I now place dough on baking sheet from the start.

Brush with egg white and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and parsley.
I use Italian Seasoning and garlic powder. 

Bake at 350 for 30-35minutes or until golden brown.

Cool slightly and slice to serve. 
(Expect people to want a second helping!) 

    
 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...