Monday, April 15, 2013

{Monday Motivation} Conquerors

"in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us."

I follow some fantastic blogs and encourage and inspire me as a Christ follower, Christian wife and mother.  This morning, the blog author ohAmanda posted the following on her Facebook feed:
Happy Monday morning! I'm reading Romans 8:35-39 today and I love this section: "in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us."

MORE than conquerors. I don't feel like a conqueror very often. Especially not MORE than one. Monday morning sometimes looms ahead of me as a great big to-do list. Instead, I want today to be a reflection of this verse--that through Jesus (and His love) I can be more than a conqueror!


What an encouragement to read this truth in God's Word!  Monday mornings for me often include the reality of what actually got accomplished over the weekend and what remaining items need to be plugged in throughout my week. Monday is also a transition day as our weekends include precious time with daddy and the morning brings sadness for my son when he wakes and can not locate his father.  This scripture is such an encouragement that the feeling of defeat is not the work of the Lord that he has declared me a conqueror; actually more than a conqueror!  Today I am ready to embrace the love of the one true God and be a conqueror in His name.  I am praying that I will raise my head high on this Monday and be motivated not discouraged! May you be encouraged today as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...