Wednesday, August 8, 2012

{MWW} Slow Cooker Bratwurst



Bratwurst is my all-time favorite meat cooked on the grill.  So yummy! Living in a second floor apartment has made it quite difficult to use the grill on a regular basis.  Grilling for any meal includes our propane camping grill with a lawn chair outside on the sidewalk in front of our building. And well, that just isn't very fun or convenient so we don't really grill much.  You can image my excitement when I came across this pin on Pinterest.  Slow cooker bratwurst - say it ain't so!?!
I went to the store that afternoon to prepare to make the brats for dinner.  I must say that they are amazing!  I honestly think I might like them in the slow cooker more than the grill.  The slow cooker allowed them to marinate and become so moist and tender.  Gosh it was good!  You have to try them and let me know what you think!

Picture pinned:



My pictures:

Ready to serve

My 16-month-old ate a whole bratwurst on his own!
I made a pasta including spaghetti noodles, tomato and bratwurst for him to enjoy and boy, did he ever enjoy every last bite!  We will definitely be making these bratwursts again!

Slow Cooker Bratwursts
{From Six Sisters' Stuff website}

Ingredients:
1 package of Bratwursts (whichever flavor/type you prefer)
1 onion, sliced
2 cups apple juice
4 tablespoons Dijon mustard 
Other toppings you prefer 

Directions:
Brown the sides of the bratwursts in a skillet on the stove.  After the sides are browned, place bratwursts in your slow cooker.  Top with sliced onion.  Mix together apple juice and Dijon mustard, then pour over everything in your slow cooker.  Cook on low for 5-6 hours or high for 3-4 hours, making sure they are cooked thoroughly before serving.  Serve on a bun with all your favorite toppings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...