Thursday, August 2, 2012


In this journey of life, we experience many seasons and God calls us to be thankful in all circumstances {1 Thessalonians 5:18}.  I want to live so that my expression of thankfulness can encourage others, give hope, and bring new perspective so we can all live with hearts that are more thankful for every day blessings.
It has been quite the week for our family!  My goal was to take a few moments each day and reflect on what I was most thankful for.  Here is the list from this past week:

7.27.2012
Happy birthday to me!  Today I give thanks to God for another year of life.  I am thankful to have the opportunity to love more, invest more, learn more, and grow more in this journey called life.

7.28.2012
Today I give thanks for photos. I love having photos arranged throughout my house to tell the story of our lives. It is such a great reminder of who we were/are, what we have accomplished and experiences that have brought us to this point in history. I am very thankful we decided to have our family photos taken today to document the growth of our Little Love and the joy he brings to our family.

7.29.2012
I am thankful for my father-in-law. I specifically give thanks today for his wise counsel and willingness to help his children in whatever circumstances arise.

7.30.2012
Today's random thing I am thankful for is the dog park.  Living in an apartment with a large breed dog requires intentional planning to be sure your dog is exercised.  This morning's visit to the dog park was refreshing.  There was a slight breeze, the dog ran off some energy and I was able to be at peace and in thought all while Little Love was content in the stroller.

7.31.2012
I am thankful that Little Love does not require toys and gifts of large monetary value.  I am sure the day will come when he thinks he needs certain toys and games but in this stage of life, he is thrilled to have a rock, pine cone, or stick.  May he always remember some of life's littlest things that often get overlooked bring the most joy.

8.1.2012
Today I give thanks for a new friend, Sarah.  My prayer has always been that God would bring women into my life to come along side and join in this journey of residency life and motherhood.  May God give me the opportunity to bless, encourage and serve this new friend.

8.2.2012
I am so thankful today for God's protection. Yesterday my husband hit a deer while traveling to work.  It was a quick event that has caused quite the damage. It truly is a blessing that my husband walked away uninjured.  Our car...not so much.  Estimated damage totalling $6, 100!
God does not say that bad things won't happen but that He will be with us always. Thankful God is in the details and our situation is not a surprise to Him.  He will see us through to the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...