Wednesday, August 15, 2012

{MMW} Less Mess Bacon


Pinned Image

Following some recent conversations regarding my love of breakfast and the variety of breakfast food options, I have been craving a big breakfast more than usual! On Monday, I decided that we would have breakfast for dinner.   I had used a coupon over the weekend for some free sausage links and I knew we had some bacon so add some french toast, and we had ourselves dinner!  yum! 
Awhile back on Facebook, I read a posting by a friend stating she was going to try to bake her bacon for a meal.  Curiosity overwhelmed me and I started to do some research and I found the following pin on Pinterest.  "Less Mess Bacon" sounded awesome to me so I gave it a try on Monday night for our breakfast meal.  I must say, it works!  I loved not having grease splattering about while trying to cook my bacon to perfection and not burn it.  I was very pleased with the taste after being baked.  Not only did it taste good, but it did not require my attention which was wonderful since my 17-month-old was clinging to me with the I want to eat now mannerisms.
 
 I will be honest and share the huge lesson I learned while baking my bacon.  The instructions {listed below}  say to line your baking sheets with parchment paper.  Well, I didn't have any parchment paper so I decided to use freezer paper.  Which usually for crafts is no big deal; but for baking it is!  I failed to realize the shiny side was down and it melted to my cookie sheet. {boo - hoo!}  I have scrubbed and soaked and am now looking on Pinterest for ways to clean it.  Stay tuned for an updated post on how to clean your cookie sheets! Until then,  enjoy some baked bacon!

Less Mess Bacon
{Instructions from www.marthastewart.com}

This spatter-free technique puts the "bake" back in bacon. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper, then lay the bacon strips flat, making sure pieces do not overlap. Bake until crisp and browned, 15 to 18 minutes, or desired doneness, rotating the sheets once. Transfer strips to a paper towel to drain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...