Saturday, August 4, 2012

a beautiful work

Pinned Image

Last night we enjoyed the music in the park venue in our city.  It was a hot night but the music and fellowship was worth being a sticky hot mess.  On the way home we witnessed an amazing sunset.  The sun was just an orange ball of fire lighting up the sky with beautiful pink and orange hues around it.  I tried to capture a photo but was unsuccessful and highly recommend one does not try to take photographs while driving {just a note for the future!}    There is just something amazing about a beautiful sunset in the summer. Would you agree? The artwork of the Lord is just breathtaking! I am thankful for that reminder and want to keep my eyes open to witness the beauty of His creation on a more regular basis.  What is your favorite natural masterpiece?  Mountains? Waterfalls? Ocean shores? 
The photo above was found on Pinterest.  I love that it captures the detail and beauty of the flowers in the field as well as the beauty of the sunset in the distance.  I have been reading the book of Matthew in the Bible and this photo makes me reflect on the passage in Chapter 6 verse 30. "And if God cares so wonderfully for wildflowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, he will certainly care for you. Why do you have so little faith?" My God is a God of details, right down to the color and creation of flowers.  Surely then, I can trust Him with the details of my life as he cares for me more than the wildflowers that are here today and gone tomorrow.  May I place my trust in the Lord daily that he always has my best interest in mind and will always be with me.  Thank you Lord for your constant care.

Enjoy your weekend and may you keep your eyes focused on the beauty and blessings from the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...