Tuesday, July 31, 2012

IKEA


 I just love IKEA!!  Please tell me you shop there too?!  I am blessed to have an IKEA store in close proximity to our home and love to go and wander around for inspiration.  Of course I always come home with a few new treasures so I am not certain my husband would call the store a blessing {?} !  Saturday when my in-laws were visiting, we took a trip to IKEA so I could purchase some more storage boxes for organizing items for our bookcase. (a.k.a. hiding non baby-proof items from our son!} 

KASSETT Box with lid IKEA This box is suitable for storing your newspapers, magazines, photos or other memorabilia.

I am sure you can relate to going into a store for just one item and you depart with many more items that weren't on the list. That was our experience on Saturday.  You must remember though that Grandma and Granddad were visiting and the act of 'spoiling' their grandson would be an understatement! Below are our fun finds.

KALAS Bowl IKEA Stackable; takes up very little storage space. Made from durable plastic, dishwasher- and microwave-safe. BPA free.KALAS Plate IKEA Stackable; takes up very little storage space. Made from durable plastic, dishwasher- and microwave-safe. BPA free.

Children's plates and bowls were on sale for 99 cents!  These are great to have on hand and if for some reason you have to toss one or it goes missing, you're not out a lot of money. They come six in a pack in primary colors red, orange, yellow, green, and blue.

BUSA Play tunnel IKEA No assembly required; easy to use. Easy to press together; takes up little space when not used.


Little Love is in the phase of loving forts and tunnels.  This tunnel sells for $14.99 at IKEA and is very sturdy and durable.  It has Velcro to secure it closed for storage which is a huge selling point for us.  It has been a huge hit in our home the last few days and not just for our son...daddies and granddads can have fun with it too!

LILLABO 20-piece basic train set IKEA Enough pieces to build different configurations. Total track length 10 ft.

My brother will be thrilled to know our Little love now owns a train track! I understand there are a lot of compatibility issues when purchasing Thomas the Train and other brand cars and track so we decided to start with an IKEA basic 20-piece train set for $9.99. 

MULA Bead roller coaster IKEA Develops fine motor skills and logical thinking.

Granddad said that Little Love wanted this toy.  I guess I can't say much when Granddad was willing to purchase it!  For $7.99 it has provide much entertainment.

BEKVÄM Step stool IKEA Solid wood, a hardwearing natural material. Hand-hole in the top step makes the step stool easy to move.

Little Love is gaining more and more independence as he grows each day. We have set routines for washing his hands, face and teeth which included mommy holding him over the sink.  I am thankful to say that IKEA sells this step stool for $14.99 and it can now be found in our bathroom to assist Little Love in his routines!  Of course supervision is still required but it no longer includes me trying to hold Little Love and wash him.

I look forward to a return trip to IKEA in the near future to purchase more decor, toys and whatever else sparks my interest! What have you purchased from IKEA recently?

Disclaimer:  All thoughts related to IKEA and IKEA product reviews are initiated on my own. I am not paid for advertising or featuring their product. All photos are from ikea.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...