Monday, July 30, 2012

family

Pinned Image

 I found this sign on Pinterest that describes the blessing of our family and what Matt and I desire for our future family. The concept of family has been on my heart as we have been hosting family members for the last ten days. Last weekend my parents came to visit for four days followed by my twin sister who departed on Saturday and my in-laws were here Friday through this morning. It has been so wonderful being in the company of family.  Yes, there are dishes piled up, the laundry is overflowing and there are toys strewn about but it is a true sign that our home has been 'loved' on and lived in the past week. We have spent our time doing fun activities, laughing, playing with little love and just trying to enjoy one another's company. Nothing can compare to spending time with the ones who love you through and through; they just 'get' you and support you through it all.  Visits from family have keep us motivated during the hard days and bring a bit of 'normalcy' to this season of life when distance separates us. Not everyone has the privilege of saying that they have loving parents, in-laws, and siblings who have enriched their lives.  I give thanks to God that I have been so blessed that I desire to spend time with my family - to grow, strengthen, have fun and encourage one another. I pray that God would continue to put a desire in my heart to implement, learn and teach the values in the sign above so we may be a family that honors Him and loves each other well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...