Friday, October 19, 2012

{gift giving} hot pink zebra tie shirt

Today I would like to share the shirt I made for my dear friend's daughter.  I mentioned the shirt in my weekend recap post and promised to share the final product.  I initially began making tie onesies for my little love and then started to sell them in my etsy.com store.
{Click on the photo to go to my etsy store listing}


My friend knew that I made and sold tie onesies and inquired if I had considered making them for older children.  Her daughter had purchased a shirt with a tie on it from a retail store and unfortunately grew out of it and had to pass it down to her sister.  My friend had been on a search for a new tie shirt in her daughter's size but was unsuccessful.  When we were invited to the birthday party of my friend's daughter, the idea of the tie shirt resurfaced.  I created a tie from black and hot pink zebra print cuddle cotton fabric and placed it on a black long-sleeved shirt.  I created a different style tie than the style featured on the onesies. The new look is a loose-fitted tie hanging on a slant from the collar. This shirt totally fits the style of my friend's daughter and I was so excited to give it to her as a gift for her 10th birthday!





 

 If you are ever looking for a custom made item, please contact me as I love new projects and the opportunity to make your vision a reality! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...