Friday, September 7, 2012

The Camry is...


...finally back in our possession!!

{Disclaimer - this photo is not of our actual car but a picture from Google Images!}

 If you've been following our car drama, today marked 38 day since Matt hit a deer and we've been using a rental car. Now, I must admit that the rental car was a pretty sweet ride - a black 2013 Buick LaCrosse with leather interior and all the luxuries you can think of! Actually I should add, we used  2 rental cars because we were initially told the car would be done when we were on vacation so we turned it in to keep from having to pay out of pocket for the extra days until we returned. When it wasn't complete upon returning from vacation, we had to get a second rental which happened to be another 2012 Buick LaCrosse.


{Disclaimer - this photo is not of the actual rental car but a picture from Google Images!}
 When Matt picked up the first LaCrosse from the dealership rental service, I believe it had 14 miles on it.  So, needless to say, he was kind of spoiled for the month.  I only drove the second rental for 3 days and that is because Matt left for a conference in Chicago on Wednesday and had to leave the rental with me as we thought the Camry was going to be done sooner than it was. {Today was the 7th estimate of when the car would be complete!}

As I stated in yesterday's posting, we are trying to focus on the blessings of this experience rather than the inconveniences we endured.  Just seeing today's bill for over $8,000 made my heart even more thankful.  The labor that had to occur to fix the damage was very extensive and I give thanks for the workers at Seller's Collision Center for restoring our Camry!

And finally, I can't believe I am about to say this...
I am ready for Matt to return with my mini-van!  I guess you can call me a soccer mom since I love my van and the way it makes traveling with a child easier and more enjoyable!  I am sure Matt is ready to have his car back too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...