Thursday, September 13, 2012

it turns out well


9.13.2012
I am thankful for God's promises that 'this too shall pass' and 'it turns out well'. 
Our family is in a collision of life events right now.  My husband is in his 5th year of general surgery residency which is a huge praise that the last year of training has finally arrived.  The time in residency can be described as the 'independent woman' season for me and the 'work as a slave' season for my husband. I can't forget that a year and a half ago we entered the 'parenting {or solo parenting} season' as well. We are also in the 'waiting' season as the details of my husband's pursuit of a fellowship are being decided.  It is at these times, when the future looks cloudy and uncertain that we must cling to the hope we have in the Lord.  It is by his strength and power we have reached the position we are in now.  We must remember the gift and talent my husband has in the field of medicine and that God called him to pursue this career.  We must find joy in our every day living. The future is unclear, but I know that today I can invest in someone, serve someone and love well.  And when I seek God daily to show me that he is in every detail, I will see him unfolding my future as well...one detail at a time.


I am clinging to God's promises that he has great plans for me, my  husband and our family.  We  know that because we are His children and that His love for us is unimaginable, that the story He is writing for us will turn out well.  It will be more than we could even dream possible.  And I so look forward to the day when I can see all the pieces that added up to where He takes me/us next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...