Wednesday, September 26, 2012

{MWW} Barbequed Pork Chops for Two


Today I am sharing a recipe for Barbecue Pork Chops for Two from my Pillsbury Slow Cooker book.  You can find the recipe on the Pillsbury website by clicking here. Continue to read below for my tutorial and commentary on preparing this meal.

Pillsbury photo documentation of this meal:

Barbecued Pork Chops for Two

My photo documentation of this meal:


Barbecued Pork Chops for Two

Ingredients:
2 boneless pork loin chops
       1 inch thick (about 3/4lb.), trimmed of fat 
2 slices of onion
I cut my onion into chunks instead of round slices as I also used some with my side of potatoes/onions. 
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1/2 cup barbecue sauce
I use Sweet Baby Ray's original barbecue sauce
1 tablespoon water
1 teaspoon cornstarch

Directions:
{directly from the Pillsbury Slow Cooker book I own}

Spray 3- to 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.  In cooker, place pork chops.  Top each with onion slice.  Sprinkle with garlic.  Pour barbecue sauce over pork.


Cover; cook on Low heat setting 5 to 6 hours.


About 5 minutes before serving, remove pork from cooker; place on serving platter.
Top each pork chop with onion slice; cover to keep warm.


In 2-cup glass measuring cup or small microwaveable bowl, stir water and cornstarch until smooth.  Pour juices from cooker into cornstarch mixture; mix well.  Microwave on High 1 to 2 minutes, stirring once halfway through cooking, until mixture boils and thickens slightly.  Serve sauce with pork.


My commentary on directions:
5-6 hours is entirely too long to cook the pork in the crock pot.  At 4.5 hours my pork was already becoming dry. Thankfully the sauce revived it and it still tasted good.  Make sure to allow cornstarch mixture to boil otherwise you will end up with a chalk-like texture to your sauce.  All in all a very good meal that I will make in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...