Friday, November 1, 2013

day 1: my thankful heart

November has arrived and winter is quickly approaching! As soon as the calendar turns to November, my heart is always focused on thanksgiving; celebrating life and the abundance of blessings I have been granted.  Today kicks off my November series: my thankful heart 2013. I strive to focus on being intentional and counting my blessings and giving thanks to God for the work He is doing in my life; the people, places, things and moments that make this life worth living.  Each day this month I will document something I am thankful for.  Please consider joining me in giving thanks for the multitude of blessings God has granted you.

 Today I give thanks to God for:
the life of my precious niece, Adalynn

Wow! Where to begin to describe the impact this precious child of God has had on my life!?  This is what I can tell you...

The life of Adalynn had an influence on my absence from writing posts on this blog.  From the time I devoted to serving Adalynn and her parents following her birth, to the loss of words to explain, cope and write something meaningful, to the refocus of priorities and serving God and my family first, I did not devote time for this blog.

The life of Adalynn has brought me to my knees in prayer more than any other life event I have ever experience.  I give thanks knowing that my God has heard every word, wiped every tear, listened even when I didn't know what to say, and has never left my side despite times of frustration, joy, anger, happiness, sadness and all the emotions inbetween!

The life of Adalynn has confirmed that every second of every minute of every hour of every day is a gift given from God.  Treasure each and every moment for we are not promised tomorrow. I am thankful that God has taught me to see the here and the now; the little things matter most.

The life of Adalynn has confirmed that God is in the details. While we are still praying for a miracle, God has shown His faithfulness!

The life of Adalynn has broadened my medical knowledge and understanding. I am thankful for this new perspective as my appreciation for health care providers has increased and I feel more equipped to relate and care for Adalynn and the medical assistance she needs.

The life of Adalynn has confirmed my gifts are words of encouragement and making/creating/doing something for the ones I love.  I give thanks that I was able to show my love by creating 'crib bling' for Adalynn's hospital bed as well as other personalized gifts.

The addition of Adalynn's life to our family has been such a blessing.  I am thankful God picked me as her auntie! 

Adalynn's life has and will continue to impact me with every day we are blessed with her presence. The statements listed above are just the beginning of how my life has been changed.  I thank God for using Adalynn to mold, shape and grow me!

To read my thankful heart 2012 series, click here
To read my thankful heart 2011 series, click here




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...