Tuesday, November 5, 2013

day 5: my thankful heart



Today I give thanks to God for:
online shopping


That my friends is part of my recent JoAnn Fabric & Craft purchase that was delivered to our house today.  Ah, delivery, it is a beautiful thing!  I was able to take advantage of a 31 cent shipping promotion on Halloween Day as well as use a gift card for my balance making me one happy crafter! I rarely used online shopping in the past; maybe for a book on Amazon or if I wanted something that was not available in the store but since late summer, online shopping has become my new go-to resource for purchasing new items.  Online shopping is convient. I love that I can browse what seems like a limitless selection all in the comfort of my own home. I do not have to chase after a toddler, answer to his screams or tell him for the hundreth time to look with his eyes and not touch with his hands!  I can 'shop' while said toddler is sleeping and not have to make decisions under a time restraint.  While there are shipping costs, when I consider the time to drive to a store, the gas used in my travel and as well as the time spent with my attention on my child rather than the shopping experience, it is worth 'shopping' at home via my computer and paying the shipping costs.  And as I mentioned, you can find some great deals on free or reduced shipping costs.  My favorite part of the whole process is receiving my purchases in the mail! I love opening the boxes to find my new treasures.  It brings a certain joy that a retail store purchase can not bring! I am looking forward to making many Christmas purchases this year utilizing online shopping. Do you enjoy shopping online?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...