Saturday, August 2, 2014

{Snail Mail Saturday}

There is something to be treasured about receiving a piece of snail mail lovin'!  Especially in this technology driven era with emails, text messages and social media, using the postal service to deliver a message seems almost unheard of!  I have always loved receiving cards and special notes in the mail and I know it provides motivation for me to continue to spread the love by sending snail mail to the ones I love!

Today I would like to introduce a new blog series, {Snail Mail Saturday} where I will highlight the special notes, gifts and items that I send to friends and family that make a trip to the mailbox worth the effort!



My Goddaughter, Rylee shares the desire to create. She loves to draw and has recently shown interest in scrap-booking.  I was shopping at Meijer and found a cute paper pack, rhinestone embellishments and washi tape to send to Rylee.  To make the gift even more special, I purchased the same items for myself and used them to create a card to accompany the supplies. I really enjoy making little packages of supplies to send her way to brighten her day!  

Here are a few more photos of the card I created on kraft cardstock:



 

I just love simple creations! I added some triangles from the green polka-dot paper found in the paper pack I purchased, an "R" letter sticker for Rylee and two pieces of washi tape on the side for added decor. Please disregard the wet spot on the fold of the card from my curious dog who just had to smell my new creation with her wet nose! Silly dog!  

Who is your favorite person to send snail mail lovin' to?!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...