Monday, August 4, 2014

{Masterpiece Monday} Abi's birthday shirt



Our little man was very excited to attend his first friend birthday party yesterday.  Abi and her family attend our church and we see them regularly as her mom and I are involved in ministry together.  In true "Faye fashion" as husband states, I made Abi a birthday shirt with her name and a coordinating headband as a gift. 


Due to our lovely retail stores already stocking winter clothing, I was unable to find a short sleeve shirt so Abi is prepared for the first cooler days of fall with this new shirt.  


I fell in love with the colored specks in the shirt and knew that it would look so cute personalized.  I choose a teal chevron cotton fabric to create the name applique. Who doesn't love a little chevron?!
 

I just love coordinating headbands!  
The flower embellishment was adhered to a piece of grey elastic.
 

The yellow button adds just the right pop of color on the teal chevron fabric!


 

When I asked little man what he wanted to give Abi as a present he gave this detailed response:  "I want to give her a Minnie balloon in a box.  When she open it the balloon will pop out and go up, and up and up!"  I thought it was a very creative and thoughtful gift so we made C's wish come true! Abi really loved receiving the balloon and I was sure to explain it was executed exactly the way our little man had described. In case you were wondering, a plastic storage tote works perfect to house the balloon.  I just gave a disclaimer I would be taking the tote back home with me! We also had a balloon weight placed on the end of the balloon ribbon so it would not completely fly away!

Happy 4th birthday, Abi!  We had a great day celebrating with you!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...