Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Rice Krispies Treat Pops!


 {Rice Krispies Treat Pops}

So, I totally get that Valentine's Day was 2 weeks ago and I'm just now posting about the treat I took to our Valentine's Day theme play date.  I am coming to terms with the fact that I am not always proactive but I do complete my to-do list...even if the expectation of completion was two weeks ago!

I saw this post while reading my favorite blogs and decided to make Rice Krispies Treat pops for our play date.  It was a super easy and quick way to take a simple product and make it fancy for a special occasion!  
   
 

Supplies:
Rice Krispies Mini Treats
           (I used the ones that were specifically created for distributing as Valentine's Day gifts)

Lollipop sticks
           (I purchased mine at JoAnn Fabric and Craft store)

Wilton Candy melts
Candy sprinkles
Wax paper

Directions:
Unwrap the Rice Krispies Mini Treat
Push lollipop stick into the bottom of the treat
Melt your candy according to directions on the package
Dip your Rice Krispies treat into the chocolate
      (I only dipped mine about 1/2 way)

Dip your candy covered Rice Krispies treat into a bowl of sprinkles
Place on wax paper for the chocolate to set
Eat and enjoy!

I contemplated packaging these treats individually with the cute little tag eighteen25 offered but decided that in reality the little people at the play date would not appreciate my efforts in packaging the treats and it would cause frustration in opening.  So, I just served them from a container and everyone was happy! They were so good, the container came home empty!

The great thing about this treat is you can make them for any occasion or holiday by adjusting the candy color and sprinkles!  Do I see green candy covered Rice Krispies Treats for St. Patrick's Day in your future?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...