Wednesday, January 23, 2013

{MWW} Chicken and Roasted Vegetables Dinner


Today's featured recipe, Chicken and Roasted Vegetables Dinner, is from my trusty Pillsbury Slow Cooker book.  The recipe can be found on the Pillsbury website here or read below for my directions and commentary!

Pillsbury photo documentation of meal:

Chicken and Roasted Vegetables Dinner

My photo documentation of meal:



Chicken and Roasted Vegetable Dinner

All information is directly from my Pillsbury Slow Cooker Cook Book except for the sections described as 'my commentary'

Servings: 6
 
Ingredients
1lb unpeeled small potatoes (6-8), cut into 1-inch pieces (3 cups)
2 cups ready-to-eat baby-cut carrots
1 cup frozen small whole onions (from 1lb bag), thawed, drained
I was unable to locate frozen small whole onions so I used frozen chopped onion
6 boneless skinless chicken thighs (1 1/4lb)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 jar (12oz) chicken gravy
1 1/2 cups Green Giant Valley Fresh Steamers frozen sweet peas, thawed, drained
I did not have any peas in the house so they were omitted

Directions:

Spray 3- to 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.  
In cooker, place potatoes, carrots and onions.

 Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper; place on vegetables in cooker.

 Pour gravy over top.

Cover; cook on Low heat setting 8-10 hours.

 Stir in peas.  Increase heat setting to High.
Cover; cook 15minutes longer or until peas are tender.

 Serve and enjoy!

My commentary regarding the directions:
Very easy to prepare.  Smelled delicious while cooking. The only step I did not follow was adding the peas and increasing heat since I did not have any peas!

I made this meal to bless a friend who was enduring some medical issues with her mother.
Therefore, I transferred the meal components into a foil container and deliver the meal to the family hot and ready to eat.  Definitely and nice warm meal to consume on a frigid day like today!
       

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...