Saturday, February 1, 2014

show them love: sticker drive



I love reading blogs!  I seriously have at least fifty blogs bookmarked that document crafts, family life, recipes, Jesus, photography and just about everything under the sun! One of my favorite bloggers posts life on the blog: one happy mama.  A few months ago she posted about her daughter's journey with the diagnosis of type 1 diabetes.  Her daughter, Caylin had just been to a followup appointment and told her mom that she wanted to collect stickers for the children and their siblings that visit the clinic.  Her mom helped her dream become reality and the Stick It to Diabetes Sticker Drive was initiated to collect stickers for the Vanderbilt Eskind Diabetes Clinic in Nashville.  When I read the post I knew I wanted to send Caylin some stickers to assist in encouraging and showing love to the children that visit the clinic. At the time I read the post, my little love was going through a love for sticker phase and I had already pulled out some stickers from my old teacher-stash. Let  me tell you, there are many more where those came from!  It only took a matter of minutes to have an envelope full of stickers to send to Caylin!  I admire Caylin's servant heart and desire to spread love to others through the gift of a sticker.  This was a fantastic project to discuss with my little love on sharing what we have been blessed with; even sharing with a stranger.
What a simple yet inspiring project to participate in and show them love!
Have you supported a charity drive or fundraiser recently?

I created this "hey there, chickadee" card to send Caylin with our collection of stickers.
Card design inspiration from SewColorfulDesigns.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...