Monday, May 19, 2014

{Monday Motivation} new shoes


In anticipation of logging some miles while on vacation this month, I decided it was time to upgrade my running walking shoes! Honestly, replacing my old shoes was long over due and I'm embarrassed for how long I wore them knowing their support had deteriorated.  My apology was accepted when I placed the shoes documented above on my feet.  In case you are a shoe guru, these fancy shoes are Brooks Adrenaline GTS 14's.  Just lovely I must add! They kept me walking on the clouds for 5 long days on my feet at Disney World last week. There was a time in my life I would have tried to conquer walking those distances in flip flops or other cute yet unstable footwear.  I must give a shout out to my handsome husband who insisted I get new shoes and encouraged me to wear them every day knowing I needed the support.  While I might have grumbled thinking they were not always the best coordinating footwear, husband, you were right, I have happy feet because I wore these shoes every day!! 
Today's motivation is to keep moving!  I need this visual to inspire me to lace up my shoes and get my body in motion.  We all know it was a long and cold winter and let's just say this lady acquired too many habits of animals that hibernate.  It appears that I added a few extra winter pounds for additional warmth this winter.  I can't even say that it helped me stay warm but I can confirm there was too much food going into my mouth and not enough movement to burn it off, that's for sure! Thankfully the weather has taken a turn for the better and I plan on making the most of it by getting out and getting active! 
What is your favorite way to stay active outdoors?


Until next time...
Enjoy the moment. Cherish the memories. Give thanks. {Written by Faye 2014}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...